Thursday, March 12, 2009

A farewell to winter

Spring is quickly approaching. I am excited as the days stretch longer and warmer, but part of me is already missing the crisp, snow filled days of winter. I loved waking up while the sky is still black after a heavy snow fall and going out to shovel the drive way. It is so peaceful. The snow muffles whatever sound there is that early in the morning: the scrape of my shovel along the drive way, the occasional car that drives by or the insane runner who opted to get out of a warm bed to head out into the freezing, black morning. I love the bite of the cold air on my face which gets more and more refreshing the longer I shovel and build up heat inside my coat and hat. I will miss those dark, quiet, peaceful mornings. It was a great way to start the day.

With the coming spring and summer, I will be met with lighter, warmer mornings. Instead of shoveling, I will be running (not insanely, mind you, since I am opting to get out of bed to head out into a warm, brilliant morning). To be sure, life is still good, but I will miss those wonderful winter mornings.

The remnant snow crumbles,
As the warm air comes upon,
Spilling itself into little puddles
On the already pregnant earth.

sre

2 comments:

  1. I will miss winter mornings too as winter in Las Vegas gives way to death, hell and stifling heat! Great to see you on here and utilizing that talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one will not miss winter. I will miss skiing with Indai & Cruise.

    ReplyDelete